Help / Content Accessibility
Accessible content is part of the larger goal of this service to facilitate accessible and meaningful education. For this site, accessibility means doing more than just checking our pages for section 508 compliance. This service was designed from the ground up around accessibility features and presenting well-formed data.
Some of these considerations include:
- Flexible font sizing
- Use of ALT tags to communicate meaningful information
- Accessible date and time selection in forms
In addition to accessibility, the site was designed with data portability in mind.
- Contact information can be downloaded in the vCardformat.
- Calendar information is available in feeds and iCal formats.
- Administrators can export XML and CSV copies of their data collections. These formats can be imported into Excel and other database formats.
While we strive to design software that you love, we want you to be able to take your data elsewhere if you would like. This information is yours, and we want to make sure you are able to use it in whatever format makes sense. We don't believe in data-lock in.
The ProDB is designed to work in any browser. It was developed using Firefox and Safari and tested using Internet Explorer 7.
If there is something we missed, an accessibility error or something we could do better, please let us know. We love feedback.